Longings & God's Fulfillments






I love this chart, it reminds me of what my longings are and to whom I should rely on :)


by Beverly Seward Brandon

Girl: I want to be loved.
Bible: “I have loved you with an everlasting love…” Jeremiah 31:3
Girl: I want someone to adore me.
Bible: The King has brought me into his chambers to adore me. (Song 1:4)
Girl: I want someone to hold my hand.
Bible: “I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” (Is. 41:10)
Girl: I want to be accepted and valued.
Bible: I am accepted in the Beloved (Eph. 1:6. KJV)
Girl: I want a place, a nesting place that is my own to create and use.
Bible: We can rest in the shadow of the Almighty. (Ps. 91:1)
Girl: I want help in my days of trouble.
Bible: “And call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you…” (Ps. 50:15)
Girl: I want to share my life – the joys and the struggles – with one person.
Bible: God will share with me the treasures of darkness and hidden riches. (Is. 45:3)
Girl: I want a champion of my causes – one who is willing to fight for me.
Bible: The Lord will fight for you. (Ex. 14:14)
Girl: I want someone to meet my needs.
Bible: God is meeting all my needs. (Phil. 4:19)
Girl: I want intimacy.
Bible: The Lord is intimate with the upright. (Ps. 140:13)
Girl: I want someone to help me in my life.
Bible: There is no one like God who rides the heavens to help you. (Deut. 33:26)
Girl: I want to walk through life sustained and carried. I don’t want the whole load of life.
Bible: Even to my old age, God will sustain me, carry me, and rescue me. (Is. 46:4)
Girl: I want a companion for this life.
Bible: God invites us to humbly walk with Him. (Mic. 6:8)
Girl: I desire children.
Bible: God gives us spiritual children like the numberless grains of sand if we invest in lives. (Is. 48:19)

Only He can meet the deepest needs of my heart.  He is what I long for. Christ is enough.

Comments