Short Weekend Gateway: Jogjakarta Part 1

On the first week of july, I went on a short gateway to Jogjakarta. The idea at first was to visit a college friend of mine who lived nearby Jogja, and with it my traveling ideas fly through hehehe. 

Taking The Train

This trip is a little dare for myself actually. U see, I have postponed my traveling plan due to the assumption of getting scholarship. So, when I got the news that I didn't pass, then there's no stopping me to not pursue my traveling plan :P. The craziest thing for me to do is to take an overnight train trip from Jakarta to Jogja for the FIRST time and ALONE. I was both scared and excited, thrilled and yet ecstatic. I bought the train ticket online just like that and the plane ticket for the way home. You can feel the commitment you made to a trip right after you buy the ticket. 

Then the day came. Right after I went back from work, I went home, took a quick shower, put everything I had prepared a day before in my backpack, went out, took a cab and go to the train station. 
In the taxi, I kept praying to calm myself down either from excitement or fear hahha. :P I had mix feelings I guess.

Arrived at the station, I went and search for information or signage to find where I should print my ticket. Apparently, once you have purchase your ticket online, what you had is proof of payment not the ticket. The ticket can only be printed at the station. This I know after asking a nice gentleman with some sorta blue ribbon around him(?) dat says "ask me" wkwkwk. The guy pointed at the machine to print my ticket, then after having my ticket printed he showed me where I should wait for my train :). Service at the train station are SUPERB!! So I went to the gate of my train, wait there til the gate is open, then get my ticket stamped, then wait inside til my train came (which is not long), ask another nice gentleman with a ribbon where I should wait, sit while waiting, (took a ticket-selfie), then my train came. I can still remember the sound of it >.< (jes..jes..jes..jes..)

Waiting outside of the gate before opened


Selfie Ticket

Waiting for my Train to come

Train stopped, and people can start entering it. Here i took a selfie and pics of the train hehehe. I was quite 'unused' to the environment I guess, I expected more considering that I bought a 'business' class train. I guess what I expect was an 'executive' class train but paying for 'bisnis' hahha. Cause for me, the business class train look more like the 'economic' class train but cost almost like the 'executive' one. So well, lesson learned on that one hehehe. Overall, the chair was quite comfy, the distance between the seats were pretty spacious (compared to budget airplane seat), there were electricity outlet (I need to charge my phoneee) and air conditioner (which were hot actually, but apparently coz lots of people ask for it). Toilet was.... stinky hahha, but cleaner than my worst expectation tho wkwkwk.

What inside Senja Utama Solo business class train looks like

Read a book while waiting for the train to depart

How it looks when the train start moving

My train depart at 10 PM and like really really on time, like by 10, the train move. I rarely face an 'on time' thing in Jakarta hahha, so this is new for me wkwkwk. I get to sit beside the window and seeing lights, stations that passed, then darkness.... It kinda make you think and reflect on your life hahha. 
Sadly, I wasn't able to sleep nicely in the train :(, every time i feel asleep, it was just temporarily and half-sleep. To the point that I got to wake up at every station we made a stop. Good thing is that I get to see how cleaaannn and tidyyy these little station were! I passed Cirebon, Purwokerto, and Kutoarjo before arriving at Jogjakarta. Imagine my surprise when I arrived, I was expecting a more grandeur station or at the very least cleaner one compared to those little ones.. but.... oh well, similiar with senen (my starting station).. kinda messy hahha.. But overall, I lovee this experiencee!! Even though I didn't get to sleep (mostly due to the bapak2 beside me whose sitting position took a lot of space), but I get to enjoy the ride, experience people that are very nice and helpful. :) 
ANNDDDD, most importantlyyyy... I get to see SUNRISE!! From a train!!!! Mannnnn... So happyyy!


Sunrise with padi fields

My Train arrived, and I got down

Tugu Station, Jogjakarta.


Then my adventure begin.. :)


To Read for the next part click here


Comments