New Year, New Commitment

Happy new year!! ^^ Selamat Tahun baru!!

It's unbelievable how time move so fast.. tak terasa... 4 years ago, I was still in High school studying hard for the national exam. Now, I am quite anxious for my final project in which afterwards (if I pass -> ameennn...) I will graduate.

So many things happened in 2011. Amongst it, the most crucial is becoming the coordinator of my Christian community in my university. Another thing will be the internship opportunity for 5 months where I sure learned A LOT from it. I also started to become more active in my church that I get lots of new friends ^^.

In this new year of 2012, I make another commitment to myself..

1. To write down every preach I hear.
The reason why is that during 2011, every week at church I ended up get nothing since the preach I hear just enter my right ear and went out from my left ear --'
This is BAD for every week I have sinned against the Lord. T__T. Thus, I commit to myself and the Lord that I will write every preach I hear. Hopefully by this I will be able to remember the sermon, review it and apply it in my daily life.

2. Read MINIMUM one book one month.
I started make this commitment of reading Christian books in August 2011. It was to replaced my habit of reading novels. In 2012, I want to know more about my God, to deepen my faith and to be able to share more.. It seems quite embarrassing to me if a person ask me about something and all I can say is "I don't know" or "Just pray for it" without further explanation.. hahha.. So, I need to know more!! and this time rather that using my free time for useless activity such as sleeping or laying down or watching movies (my fav activity T__T) I shall 'sacrifice' more of this time to get closer to my God.

3. Listen more Talk less!!
Arrghh.. this is the hardest!! T__T ; It is hard for me to listen without saying something at all.. sometimes when people share their story, I always cut them, give them advice even when they don't ask for it, or worse I criticize them.. arrgghh.. This is BAD!! In 2012, I must hold myself from talking and strive myself into listening more!!

4. Be a better Daughter
In 2011, most of the time I rarely pick up the phone when my mom called. Don't get me wrong, It wasn't intentional. Sometimes when she called me, I was asleep already due to exhaustion or I was busy doing something else (usually in Church or Campuss) or worse, I was with my friend that I didn't hear She was calling.. arrgghhh.. *sorry mom*. The result of this is no contact with my mom for days until we could communicate again. This is BAD, I am a horrible daughter.. hiks.. So, this year, I will communicate with her everyday even if it means only to call her for 10 seconds.. :)



This is my commitment for 2012, mostly is to repair my character in order to become more like Him. How about you? :)


*Happy New Year!! Have a Blast Year Ahead!!*
- Eunike & Family -


Comments

Irene Salomo said…
hohohoho setuju banget sama yg #2 :)
cm klo buat gw kykny blm bs abis dlm 1 bln, minimal 2 bln kecuali bukunya tipis n super ringan :)
bs jg dseling2in sm buku2 umum ato sosial, bs memperkaya wawasan n kepekaan kita thd dunia luar sana. gw skrg lg baca buku Mereka Bilang Aku China, wah keren banget. ttg tokoh2 tionghoa di indonesia yg bs mendobrak 'stigma' bahwa org Tionghoa itu taunya cuma cari duit, ga peduli lingkungan sosial sktar dll...salut banget deh sm tokoh2 di buku ini. benar2 membukakan mata.
klo yg berhubungan sm seni, gw sempat liat ini:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/ida-cynthia/dampak-kekuatan-budaya-indonesia-dalam-industri-kreatif/10150460117104610

oy baca koran jg sangat membangun. gw inget ada 1 kata bijak, anak Tuhan itu tangan kanannya megang alkitab, tangan kirinya megang koran....jd wkt doa juga bs lebih peka sm kondisi di luar :)

klo ngomong buku bs ga abis2nya neh hahha....
Yuki nike said…
nyahahahaha... sesama kutu buku yah.. :P
kalo untuk buku2 lain gw bacanya sih paling novel, buku2 design -> smua untuk kuliah --'
sedang untuk berita biasanya ngecek di bb pas lagi ga ada kerjaan n cmn ada bb wkwkwk.. (wuhuuu, I love Times, BBC yg punya tampilan cocok untuk phone ^^)
kalo untuk buku2 yg nambah pengetahuan, wah ren.. daku belum sampai kesana rajinnya.. :P doakan saja saya makin mau membaca.. gyahahaha.. ^^