Getting Lost at Rammang Rammang



Breathtaking and peaceful, these are the words that I can only express when seeing the pic.

If you don't know already, I come from Makassar. Growing up in that city, I have seen most tourism the city and its surrounding can offer :). Spot like Bantingmurung waterfall (and the caves around it), Leang-leang prehistoric site, Malino, Toraja, Bira, I've visit all of those at least once in my life.

So, imagine my shock, when I heard about rammang-rammang from Jalan-jalan men video
I was like, where is this paradise hidden????? and to tell you the truth, most local people also doesn't really know the existence of this place. My dad for example, he has traveled to part of you don't even know in Sulawesi, and he doesn't know :S.

Last holiday, as I visit my hometown, we decided to find out about this place. :)
and boy, it is soo beautiful!

We depart from Makassar city around 10.00 AM and headed north to Maros. Helped by google maps (surprisingly this place exist in gmaps) and locals, we arrived there safely.

Before you even arrive to the location, God has already provide you with an amazing view



As you arrived, you'll have to take a small boat and go through this small river :)


our boat

passing another boat

Now, you might ask, where is this river going to? You'll end up in a village called Kampung Barua.




Pardon my sister

See that 'bridge' and the little house on top? we're going there indeed :)
My family rocks! we all (including my 56 and 53 years old dad and mom) go through that bridge, climb some hills in order to reach that little house on top.

This is the view from up there :P




After few hours, we decided to go back for we're starving already hahaha.. it was lunch time. 
This time on the boat, I pick the front seat so that I can take even better picture :P at this point of my life, I wish I have a wide lens DSLR camera T___T





Back to the harbour :)

Anddd, since we're soo hungry... we stop by this view, while eating the food we have brought. :P




Nice to see you Rammang-rammang ^^



Comments