Silver Lining in the Mist: Derawan Trip Part 2

Maratua Island

To read part 1 click here

We started our tour at 3 PM in the afternoon because of the wave and the fact that the tour people was busy taking care of the 'other' group.

We were brought to 'gusung' -> basically island of sand that only appear when the tide is low. Took some photos there.

It's very beautiful actually, but the sky.... foggy..... *sigh*


See that boat? that's the boat which drove us from Tarakan - Derawan, and also while island hopping

From there, we went snorkling in a spot where was quite deep and nothing much going on. Then move to the second spot in Derawan. Lots of fishes there! But the current is pretty strong. :s At this spot I surrender myself to be bitten by fishes and plankton hahha..

Since my camera can't be used underwater so... sorry no photos... T__T
However I can show you the 'after' swimming photos hahha :P


From there, we went back to our cottage, took a bath with on and off again electricity (thus the water also got on and off again). Then we went to eat dinner. 

The food we ate in Derawan is pretty simple, seafood basically, so everyday you'll eat fish as protein. The fist reminds me of my hometown Makassar. The taste of it just differ from those java sea fishes hehe.. We drink coconut water as well when our tour guide told us that we need to move to other cottage. Apparently the day after there was a fire that effect our current cottage electricity. And given all cottage are full, the energy required is not enough -> thus the on and off electricity earlier. 

The guide took us to see other rooms from other cottage and after finding the one we like, we return to our first cottage to take our stuff. 


________________________

As I opened the door of the room, a small black shadow suddenly ran passed through the door. 
That was a mouse! There was a mouse in my room!!!!!! T___T

I quickly inspect the room, worry about what has the mouse touch. My eyes went to my friend's open luggage and see that her stuff is still tidy but nobody knows right? Then I see her bed, there was bunch of black thingy -> Goodness, the mouse was shitting on the bed?? AND to my final dismay! in front of me, below a chair there were some trailer that looks like the remain of something. It guided my eyes to the object above it which is my BAG! and I turn my bag, there i saw.... A HOLE.....

THE MOUSE EAT MY BAG!!!! Shock as i might be, it has rendered me speechless. It made a hole to eat the biscuit inside it. We're definitely moving! I quickly move all my things from that bag (luckily safe and undamaged) and move away.
my tour guide says that it entered from the hole that made for the AC. Can you imagine if it entered while you were sleeping??? The horror......

We move to a new room at different inn. Still I got a bad feeling about this room. As I entered, there was a hole in the wall. *more bad feeling* My friend inspect the bathroom and generally look nice. Then I took a look at the bed near to the wall.

Yess my friend, I saw small black things that is the same thing I saw on the bed in the early room.
Mouse's shit. . . To confirm my suspicion, my friend pull the bed from the wall and what do we see?
more shits with what looks like the hotel's soap!!! THE MOUSE EAT SOAP????

I can't even begin to fathom what has happen here... T___T what's with mouse and this island? And adding to the horror of it, apparently the mouse in Derawan, if you throw them to the sea... It'll swim. *thank you very much to whomever told me that!*

We move to another room that they claim to be new, so there won't be any problem in it. I was too tired to care anymore at this point. My friend did the inspection and say no mouse. In my mind, if after 2 rooms with mouse, the choice I have is, either you sleep with the mouse risk, or don't sleep at all!
I surrender my fate.. To tired to care anymore T__T.

I care no more that the room smell's funny wether it is because of the humid air, or wet fabric, all I want is to just sleep. That night, I contacted my travel agent and complain everything that happened the day. After everything, I demanded a complementary offer in my tour package. Trying to maintain talking professionally in the middle of distress is certainly not an easy thing. I know on that day, almost everybody had complained to their tour. Thus I choose to not complain for others has represented it hehehe. But after the mouse incident, we needed more. Given that, if I delivered my complains in bad way, I won't be getting what I wanted even more.


Third Day

I woke up today with the hope of good day. Hahha, finally we are able to travel and see our surroundings. That morning I talked to the man on the field, explain again our 'unfortunate' events. And I get to add another destination to our package! YEAY! *being wise is never wrong hehehe*

After having our breakfast, we went to our boat and started the tour ^^. First stop is to Maratua.
The waves are quite high hahha, but this time, there were only 5 people on the boat (talk about private tour package :P) and the local boat crew. Fun people, we talk about pirates from Philippines that use to rob their island, (but no more since Indo's has strengthen their navy patrol!) Then how derawan, a small island but able to has it's own supply of freshwater. This reminds me of why I like to travel, it's the story like this that make you rich, knowledgeable and train your social interactive skill.

About 30min later we arrive at Maratua. You know, the island which has the famous 'bora-bora' wanna be resort hehehe.. May be one day I can stay there (to redeem this trip), but for now, my pocket just can't afford the price of that accommodation. About 1.000.000/night/person hahha...

Since it's in the morning, the tide is veryyy low, leaving a wide view of white sand.
When we arrive, look at the sand!! it is that white!

So many white sand

almost look like desert with oasis no? hehehe

The Famously 'bora-bora' look alike resort. But when the tide is low, looks like regular 'rumah panggung' hahahha

We took lots of picture even to making some ridiculous pose such as this one.. :P


We then move to our next destination which is Kakaban island. We went to see the lagoon first (this is the complimentary package hehehehe..) It was soooo beautifully breathtaking! >.<
To go there, you got to enter a cave (they call it the fish cave). You can enter through this cave when the tide is low.

So you enter this cave, and see the small white hole in the back? that's where the lagoon is :)



If only the sky is not foggy T__T

The view is so worth it!

*to be continued*

Click here for part 3




Comments