My must have Apps

Since Germany is a foreign country to me, I need me some help from the Almighty to live here. With that, He hath giveth me thee smartphone. Which is like for me has never been more essential in my life! (back to normal english). So, with that in mind these are my go to app now. (All of these app are free and available on google play)

1. VRR
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mdv.VRRCompanion&hl=en
Man, this is my life safer in Germany! It covers all transport mode from buses, trains, the bahns and even walking! hahha. Knowing that I usually need to go to places in other cities, this app helps me figure out where, how to get there and how long will it take! If my phone battery is dying, and I'm still outside, I make sure i remember all the instructions to get back just in case the phone died. Negative side of this is that it's only very good in the VRR area, outside of it not really. (gta change app into DB)

2. Google Maps
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.maps&hl=en
Also to help me with directions, since I need to go to lots of new places. This helps me figure out where and how I should walk/go to. Usually if I need to go to someone's house, I'll use the VRR first then google maps to direct me from the station to the house address. :)

3. Google Translate
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.translate&hl=en
Being in somebody else's country and not being able to speak its language is very tricky! Hence google translate become very handy. I just need to download all the languages I need, so that in case no signal provided, I'm still able to use it offline. Good for learning language quickly too. + if you are in a supermarket and got confused of the product, just need to take a pic and this app shall translate it for you.

4. Accuweather
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.accuweather.android&hl=en
Currently it's summer. But, you never know that sometimes the weather can be quite cold! Therefore, in order to know whether I should be wearing clothes as if I'm from the north pole, or just a simple dress, girl gotta know how many degree it is outside! :P

5. Spotify Music
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.accuweather.android&hl=en
Here is Germany, Youtube has a lot of content which apparently isn't 'appropriate' according to GEMA (Gesellschaft für musikalische Aufführungs- und mechanische Vervielfältigungsrechte) or to put it wildly - Genetically Engineered Music Ape (according to a german youtuber, so this ain't my word! hehehe..). This organization is the reason why I can't enjoy more music from youtube. --' So, in order to still be able to listen to music, I now am subscribed to Spotify! - Gotta realize that I'm getting more and more legit, no more piracy (torrent).. :P It's completely legal to use it, and if you want to be able to listen offline, just need to upgrade to premium and pay.

6. Social media: whatsapp and facebook
(I don't think I need to share the links here)
I think almost everybody here use whatsapp, unlike in Indonesia where one person could use wa, bbm, line, kakaotalk, telegram, etc... So glad that one program is enough T__T. Also, people use facebook mostly even compared to instagram I think.

7. Skyscanner & Airbnb
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.skyscanner.android.main&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.airbnb.android&hl=en
These are very useful for traveling! Warning: traveling in Europe with train is the MOST expensive way to travel! (yeah, I'm not joking). Cheapest way is usually with bus, but unless you are planning to spend 9 hours sitting cramped in a tiny seat, better take the planes. And don't get me wrong, you can get very very cheap ticket! (definitely cheaper than the trains) That's when skyscanner come in handy :P. With this app, I can see which trip is the cheapest and when. Airbnb is basically my go to app to find cheap accommodation + you get to make new friends with the host. ^^



These are all mine, what are yours?

Comments