Monschau

Another place in North Rhine Westphalia, Monschau is a tiny village with old houses. Located near Aachen, I took the train from my place to Aachen and then bus to this place. Pretty long commute, but as soon as I reached this place, it is sooo pretty, that make the journey completely worth it! 


One of the famous spot in Monschau is this rottes haus (red house), was built by a rich royalty sort of.


The village is pretty much walkable. Although the size is not that huge, the stony road and slight incline road will make a pretty good challenge for a work out. :P Also, as you go along, you'll find river/canal underneath the houses.












They have this 'train' that you can jump in to see the village. At the time I was there, I think there were study tour, hence I saw plenty of children/students.




You can find nice 'high' spots to take pretty interesting photos. :)




The detail of the houses makes up pretty interesting pics.



Also, despite still far away from Christmas, there is a store specifically selling christmas stuff. :P












And what better way to end the trip with strataciella ice cream? It was a hot day anyway.


Comments