Day Trip to Helsinki (Finland)

 


From Tallinn, there are ferries that can be taken to go to Helsinki! At the beginning, I thought that two cities in 6 days is enough as I don't really want an intense trip (My body is getting older hahha), but after spending a day in Tallinn, and I sort of 'finished' the city, I booked my ferry ticket immediately to Helsinki! And... I did not regret it! 

For a day trip, I knew that I need an early ride in the morning, so about 8 AM, I walked from my hostel to the port. It was about 20-30 min walk (it felt long and faaarr), thankfully I got there in time. This is my first time taking a ferry in Europe, and boy oh boy... it felt like I'm in a cruise ship! 😂, I sat outside to enjoy the sea breeze (also so that I won't get seasick), the whole journey just felt very relaxing and refreshing! 2 hours later, hello Helsinki! I got myself the day ticket for public transport, and off I go with the Tram! 

Helsinki gives me a very strong Soviet vibe... but... gone hipster! 😂 I feel like that's how I see it from it's architecture, so many biigg buildings resembling Russian influence, but at the same time all they've got all these modern Scandis minimalistic building. So it's pretty interesting to me. Overall, I got to say, I wish I spent more time in Helsinki! The city is not that big, the 'old town' is rather very small hahha, but the vibe of the city is really nice. Of course everything will be perfect if it weren't for the expensive price. However, the salmon dishes by the local market are actually decently priced! If I stay any longer, I'll go crazy trying to eat all these Salmon dishes!

The Ferry port/harbour in Tallinn

Goodbye Tallinn (for a while at least)




Inside the Ferry, looking pretty luxurious! 

Food is okay-ish.. and pretty pricey...

The port in Helsinki!









Salmon cream soup! pardon for the color, it does taste good though!




 



The interior of Helsinki ferry port, isn't it pretty???? I feel like I'm in an Airport 😆 

 

By Helsi, back to Tallinn! :)

Comments