Short Weekend Gateway: Jogjakarta Part 3


To see Part 1 click here, and to see Part 2 click here.


Day 3, last day to end this very short trip huhuhu T__T, nevertheless we got many things to do, lots of places to try and look at *excited despite having sore and wobbly leggsss*

Greenhost Boutique Hotel

This is a trending hotel in instagram hehehe. The first time I know the existence of this hotel, I knew it from bobobobo website, where they put a package rate to stay there. Now, the package they offer was 600k/night (which is wayyy to expensive for my budget). Regardless, I went to check it on Agoda and found out that it only cost less than 400k/night... Mannnnnnn... without any hesitation, I went on and book this hotel hahha.. Even my friend after seeing the pics, she immediately agree with me. And boy, it does not let you down! It was worth it, and if I got the chance to go back to Jogja, I'll stay at the same hotel over again heehehhee...

My room is called Studio Kita 3 and lemme show you my hotel room :P (photos was taken at night, right after I checked in and see my room so forgive the bad lighting).






Now, lemme give you a tour around my hotel hehehehe.. (this is the morning after hehehe)

Let's us start with breakfast (first round) hehehe...

This is the outside view of the hotel
Swimming pool, If it's not because we wanted to visit lots of places, I would've swim already.

They have a mini art gallery



The roof


SALADDDDD!!




This is a meeting room. Imagine having a meeting here... so niceee >.<

Floor panel

Stairs


Lobby

The pool

Before leaving this room, let us take pretty pics first hehehe..


Isn't it great? The concept of the hotel is green and eco-friendly, thus you see all the greenery. It was and is very fun and pleasing sight to enjoy. Not to mention that the breakfast food is quite nice as well :). Worth it laahh!

Pottery Making at Kasongan

Then, after saying goodbye to the hotel (we checked out in the morning), we went to our first destination: Kasongan. Kasongan is the name of an area where it is well-known for its pottery. Located quite outside Jogja, but nearby my hotel. We wanted to try making pottery out of clay, so we went to this area and start asking around wether they can teach us some :). If you want to learn as well, don't worry, this are has plenty of people to teach you. Let the lesson begun :P. It cost 100k per person and considering how expensive a pottery class can be in Jakarta, 100k is a very good deal. Plus, you are helping the local economy there to grow so I don't really care wether that price is marked up or not.


He started by giving us a block of wet soil a.k.a clay, and start molding it. Since my hands were used to mold and work already, I can't really document this until I finished making mine. 

This is my friend's vase, the bapak is 'smoothing' the surface

Now as you can see, this is only 20% my effort wkwkkwkw, the rest of (most of it) was done by the teacher hahha...
Mineee

 After getting done with the vase, I went on and ask to make a mug :)
Forgive my sitting position LOL, I wore a skirt so yah.. kinda hard. --'

When done, it has to be dried but not directly under the sun.
You see, mine use 'scrath technique' while my friend's use 'patching technique'.

We then had to leave our 'masterpiece' to dry, (it will take a week for it to dry) and my friend (she lived in Magelang) will take it the week after.

'Furniture Sight-Seeing'

From the class, we went and look around for what i'd like to say as 'furniture sight-seeing' hehehe, although initially, I wanted to buy a mirror. But didn't find any that I love :S.




We went back to the city area and visited 2213 (one of the famous furniture decor shop).



Museum Ullen Sentalu

Now, here's where it got tricky hahha. You see, our original plan was to have lunch at mak Engking restaurant (I called it "the Castle) and then went to see the infamous Affandi Museum.

BUT.....   CLOSED --'

See? This is not a castle hahahha.. -> CLOSED --'

The famous museum of Indonesian great Artist Mr. Affandi -> CLOSED --'

We tried wantin' to go to Taman Sari but apparently closed by 2 PM --'. So, after impromptu research, my friend's sister suggested us to see Ullen Sentalu Museum and it opened until 5 PM. So perfect! and we still got time to had lunch and go there.

*note: we went to have lunch at one of the best Bakmi in Jogja, but I forgot to take a pic of it due to starvation wkwkwkwk*

Then we go to Ullen Sentalu, that apparently located at Kaliurang already hahha, so I get to see Merapi mountain from quite a close distance.. which is amazinggggg. Imagine that in 2 days, I get to go north, east, west, south of Jogja already wkwkwkwk. Arrived at the museum, we weren't allowed to take any picture inside tho :(.

Entrance of the museum, Do not be fooled by it's look for the inside is AH-MAI-ZING!

It is basically a museum about Mataram's (the new one not the old one) king families. In which lots of story, drama, history and culture all combined. You learned again about the Keraton family of Jogja and Solo. According to citilink inflight magazine, it deserves to be one of the best museum existed... NO KIDDING! The museum is sooo beautiful, clean and very very very niceeeeeee.. I LOVE IT! Ticket cost 30k per person in which you get an hour tour with a person to guide and inform you through, and lastly to try the famous Jamu Ratu Mas :P. If you wanna know more about it, you can visit their website at http://ullensentalu.com/konten/1/0/beranda

We were only allowed to take pic at the end of the tour and in the garden. Nevertheless, it is still a beauty to capture.

Why is the relief slanted? because it's a symbol saying that modern people have forgotten its culture 

By the time we finished, the sun is setting thus creating this pretty pic hehehehe....

They have a cafe/restaurant here, PRETTY PRICEY hahha..

View from the resto

Garden view

Some relief, dunno what this is tho wkwkwk...

Angkringan and Airport

By the time we had finished visiting, it was almost 6 PM, and we had to go back to Jogja so that I won't missed my flight. On the way down, I get to see sunset with Merapi mountain..

Sunset near Mt. Merapi, from a local soccer field.

Going back, we ride while opening our car window.. the breezy wind and cold air is very nice... This is why I love mountain hehehhee...
For dinner, my friend took me to eat at Angkringan where we eat 'small' food (small portion) while 'lesehan' (sitting on the floor).


Yess, the reason I pick this one is because of its name! wkwkwkkwkwk

Gutten Appetit!

After eating, we went straight to the airport. I checked in my flight just in time the boarding call is on! Hahahahaha.. luckily I still can catch up to my flight, thank God!

Sugeng Tindhak! (means Goodbye in javanesse :P)

So, that's the end of this very short trip! What can is say? It was wonderful but too short wkwkwk, I wish it was longer tho :P. Till my next traveling trip.....



Comments